twitter
    I've Gone-a-Viking; find out where!

Tiw's Day

I think I finally have this blog pretty much set up to my satisfaction. I have to keep in mind that this is my personal space. I have a place for politics and another for religion and I even set one up for fantasy football. But here I can talk about any old thing I want, which is kind of freeing. For two long Heathen's Day had to be host to whatever whim I put it to.

I spent most of the morning catching up on my blogging and on responding to news stories on digg, and arguing with a few conservative die-hards along the way. I also did today's post on Restitutor Orbis, a little earlier than I generally do, but there was a lot to report already today and I can always post an update later for breaking news.

I also played Star Wars Battlefront (the first one) with my little boy on XBox. He really enjoys that and it's a little more enjoyable for me to have somebody to play with, even if he doesn't actually shoot too many bad guys. I kind of got the boot today, though. He told me he wanted to take a break, at which point I hear familiar sounds coming from the livingroom and discover that he's STILL playing, but without me. So apparently, the break was from papa. I told him I thought he was taking a break and he got all grumpy on me, like he'd been caught out. He got even grumpier when I told him I wasn't going to play his TMNT game with him. I'm very tired of that particular game and especially the sound effects.

I've been nursing a headache since Saturday and I'm really hoping it will finally go away. Makes it hard to do anything when the side of your head is throbbing. I have more I want to do on Mos Maiorum, like updating the articles to include the new CSS for footnotes, but that's going to be hard until the headache is gone. The same goes for painting that Dark Eldar army I was talking about the other day. I did find those nice illustrations on the Games Workshop site so at least I have some ideas how to paint them. My old Dark Eldar army was red with black. Not sure what I'll use this time. I'm thinking some black and purple like the Baltimore Ravens. Very ominous.

And speaking of football, I have my fantasy football blog set up, or at least partly set up, as I noted above. I'm going to have a site to host statistics but I thought it would be fun to blog a little about it. I've wanted to but have generally restrained myself from posting ff info on Heathen's Day. Obviously, I won't be doing a lot with it until things get going during the off-season (particularly the draft). I put a little NFL widget on it for news updates. I can add more once the season gets going again. Until then I plan to post a little on strategy, etc, but there is no rush.

Back to the grind!

0 comments: