twitter
    I've Gone-a-Viking; find out where!

Freyja's Day

My oldest son is driving in from Upstate New York tonight so I'm busy cleaning house. I had expected him Saturday but decided to try to head off a storm. I'll sacrifice to Thor to ward him on his journey. He's smart enough to stop and stay in a motel if things get too bad. I didn't raise any fools.

It's cold here, about 16 degrees, but it's sunny. I haven't looked at a forecast yet (haven't had time!) and forecasts are never very accurate anyway. So we'll wait and see.

Devin is anxious to see him. They haven't seen each other in two years, when Devin was 2. He's going to enjoy playing some of his favorite games with Ross. I'm looking forward to it too. I get to see far too little of him.

I'm already tuckered out from the cleaning. I wish now I'd started yesterday but I have a rare opportunity to write so I seized it with both hands. I'm taking a break now but I should be able to finish to my satisfaction. He won't be here till late, maybe 9 or 10 pm depending upon conditions on the road. It's about a 9-hour drive.

Meanwhile I've also tried to catch upon Digg and will catch up on my blogging this afternoon since I won't be doing much of either for the next couple of days. I visited the forums yesterday so I can hold off on that till tomorrow if I have to. I try not to comment too much on threads anyway, since I want to let conversations develop. We have a good group there though and conversations do just fine without me, which is a nice feeling.

For now it's about lunch time so I'm going to take off and manage operations here at the homestead!

0 comments: