twitter
    I've Gone-a-Viking; find out where!

Sunna's Day

What a day! Nothing like what I grew up with in early February in Minnesota. All the snow is gone, save for a few patches. Incredibly ugly outside. It felt like a wet fall day, right after a rain. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I kind of miss having a winter that...well, lasts all winter. These intermittent spring periods are a drag. Fortunately I'm not doing any cross-country skiing these days or I'd be even unhappier.

I watched a few minutes of the Pro-Bowl. It's not a game I've ever gotten excited about, mostly because the players themselves aren't. Nobody is going to risk their career for this game. I think the players on the winning team get about $45K and the losing team gets about half that. Not bad sounding to the rest of us but chicken feed compared to their regular salaries.

I've taken a step back from Digg today. It gets a bit overwhelming and it can consume a lot of time reading through the shouts you get from various people about things you care nothing about. I mean, there are some weird news stories out there. I'm limiting myself to news and politics/religion. There isn't a religion category there but there is some religion news. I also take a peak at stories about web development, of course.

I had intended to get some blogging done today instead but I've been having some trouble with my blood sugar levels. I was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago and this is the first real trouble I had. The other day I was left utterly weak and miserable feeling out of the blue. I didn't know why. Turned out my blood sugar had crashed. I couldn't even lift my arms. At least now I know the symptoms to watch for. I can catch it before it gets that bad.

So tomorrow, back to the blogging so I can catch up on what everyone else is doing, and of course, the forums. I also want to get back to mosmaiorum.org this week. So many pages to update with the new footnote style. It's going to be hard work but it will look great.

2 comments:

Mrs Flam said...

Sorry to hear about the Diabetes , I don't Have full blown diabetes but I have random Hypoglycemia. It always feels like hit and miss ... Before I modded My diet I had to constantly check my sugar.

Wish i could give you better advice..but I still Fight with the Hit and Miss..

Hrafnkell Haraldsson said...

I'm afraid that's what I'll be doing for awhile. I'm not used to having to think about what I eat, or when. The whole concept seems surreal. But the reality of it was sure brought home the other day.

I got a drink powder to take that contains 5g protein. I took that this morning when I got up (with my usual breakfast banana) and I felt much better than when I got up and would either eat nothing or have a glass of tea or juice and some toast.

Thanks for your well wishes, Mrs. Flam. I wish you luck with your symptoms as well!