twitter
    I've Gone-a-Viking; find out where!

Super Sunday

It's Super Bowl day again. I like no longer having to work Sundays. I missed so many classic Super Bowls between 1983-2004 that it saddens me still. I like that I've been able to enjoy the last three at least. It helps to have teams to vote for and I got lucky this time. I'm a Cardinal fan but if the Steelers win I still get to see history made (six wins for one franchise) so I'm not going to be terribly saddened either way.

I'm not going to watch much of the hype leading up to it. I've seen a couple episodes of NFL Total Access this week and that's probably enough for any human, with all the player interviews during Media Day and the analysis of various former players. I can understand the cause of the hype but it almost makes the game itself anti-climactic so I tend to enjoy the spectacle more without.

I've been trying to get some blogging done today as well as connect to more blog groups or catalogs to increase traffic. It's not something I've spent a lot of time or effort on until recently but now that I have Mos Maiorum up and running I feel the need to work a little more at it. It still does not qualify as active searching but it's a little more pro-active to put yourself out there than to just sit back and wait for people to show up. I feel Mos Maiorum's message is important and I do want to reach as many as possible, or at least make myself as "findable" as possible in the time I have available (which is never enough).

Going back to entertainment, we saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans yesterday and it was great. Awesome combat sequences, decent acting and dialogue, good special efforts and a good score as well. I'd give it a 4-4.5 out of 5. It's nice to have some of the background to the series and the end of the movie ties the whole thing together rather nicely. It left me wanting to watch the first two movies and I'll probably do that this week, time permitting, while the movie is still fresh in my mind.



I am also going to try to find a few spare moments to paint up some Dark Eldar figures for Warhammer 40K. I used to play that as well as Bloodbowl but after losing my Dark Eldar army in a fire I didn't do it anymore. But I've a friend now who had some spare Dark Eldar figures from before he decided to go Space Marine so he gave those to me. There are a couple of nice figures in the set, including a Dracon, a Sybarite with blades and a Sybarite with a whip. I will probably try to add some Wyches as well to stiffen the spines of the rank and file. I'm not certain how many points I need to have in my army so I have to get with my friend to find out what they usually play with. It will be fun to get back into it again.

0 comments: